So, most of you probably know I have a pretty bad fear/phobia of spiders. I had recently decided that I really need to get over it for Brianna's sake...and Jeremy's so there aren't two people in the house freaking out over a spider. After this morning I decided I am NOT up for the challenge.
A few days ago I noticed this freaky black, furry spider on the ceiling in the living room. Since it's a cathedral ceiling there was really nothing I could do about it I took a deep breath and ignored it, kept my eye on it, but ignored it (ha, ha). Then it disappearred for a couple days only to resurface this morning on my dining room table where I sat down to have my breakfast. I let out a yelp and jumped back which sent the dining room chair crashing to the floor. I was in a panic. What do I do?! Save my breakfast first!! Okay, breakfast is safe. Now, Casey, whatever you do don't let it out of your sight...and find something, anything to throw on it. I ran about it a tizzy for a minute and found Jeremy's Crutchfield magazine (sorry Jeremy). Then I tiptoed around the other side of the table to find the little villan looking at me with all eight eyes and front feet up in the air. Then he goes (all spiders are boys) on his merry way walking around the edge of the table as if to laugh in my face. I didn't dare make an attack for fear of missing him giving him the advantage to attack my feet. Okay, my chance was coming he was moving up on the table but no, not on my Mother's day card. I can't smoosh him on my first Mother's Day card. Well, I felt it was my only chance so I took it. SMACK! I threw the magazine down sending the crumpled spider and the magazine flying onto the chair...where they both stay because I am still too afraid of a dead spider to pick them up. The card is safe for those of you who were worried. Seriously, I need therapy. As for Brianna, she was sleeping this time so she has yet to witness her Mom's hysteria over something smaller than her own toe. -Casey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment